The Creativity Marketing Centre @ESCP Europe proudly presents our 2014 Spring Research Camp on Consumer Creativity
We are assembling a group of leading international researchers working at the intersection of creativity, marketing and consumer behaviour to present some of their work on the fascinating and timely topic of Consumer Creativity, and to initiate collaborations on new research outputs on the topic.
The topic of consumer creativity has been addressed in Consumer Culture Theory (e.g., Schau et al., 2009), Consumer Psychology (e.g., Burroughs et al., 2009), Marketing Strategy (e.g., Berthon et al., 2007) and Service Dominant Logic (e.g., Taillard et al., 2013). All have pointed to the important role of consumers in creating value through their creativity. Bringing together some of these leading researchers and creativity experts from socio-cultural psychology, we will share ideas across the different streams of research, and aim to answer key questions about consumer creativity - focusing on three themes:
THE NATURE OF CONSUMER CREATIVITY
- How can we define consumer creativity?
- How prevalent and routine is consumer creativity?
- Are all consumers creative? Are some consumers more creative than others?
- Are all acts of consumption creative?
- How can we differentiate between consumer creativity and co-creation?
THE VALUE OF CONSUMER CREATIVITY
- What kind of value is created by creative consumers?
- How do we identify and measure consumer creativity?
CAN FIRMS BENEFIT FROM CONSUMER CREATIVITY?
- How can firms harness consumer creativity?
- Where can consumer creativity be useful (product innovation, customer service, content creation, word-of-mouth and influence etc)?
- What is the role of interactive platforms in fostering and enhancing consumer creativity?
- Can consumer creativity backfire?
The Spring Camp at ESCP Europe Business School
will feature a keynote speech led by Prof. Eric Arnould of
University of Southern Denmark and a number of short (invited)
presentations and breakout roundtables to discuss the topic and
develop new insights and output opportunities.
Join us for this highly collaborative and focused discussion, and help shape research on this fascinating topic. This is also an opportunity to discover the beautiful and friendly London Campus of ESCP Europe Business School. Participants will be our guests for breakfast, lunch and a cocktail reception.
Tom van Laer will welcome guests and participants to ESCP Europe and provide a short introduction to ESCP Europe Business School, the School's London Campus and the Creativity Marketing Centre.
Tom van Laer
Assistant Professor of Marketing
ESCP Europe Business School, London
Professor, University of Southern Denmark